You probably don’t think about the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or unless it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be useful to know exactly how it keeps food and drinks cold—and Tuscaloosa Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out all you might need to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it’s time to reach out to refrigerator repair Tuscaloosa.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many homes that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have household appliance for several years now. A household refrigerator stores food at the right temperature, to reduce spoiling and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Tuscaloosa Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combo of a motor and pump, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
The condenser is found on the back outside wall of the appliance and will help to disperse the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored on the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator stops working, it’s time to hire a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas, thereby transforming the gas back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle as necessary.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Tuscaloosa for service right after a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors alert the compressor to begin, and the cooling cycle starts. The refrigerator collects the cold liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the hot gas towards the condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues on its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the coils within the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature back to the correct final point.
5. The liquid then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in several applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single place and then transferring it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a house, provides a perfect space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? You can schedule service with Tuscaloosa Appliance Repair.
Tuscaloosa Appliance Repair will repair almost all popular brands and models of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our appliance repairmen in Tuscaloosa undergo training to fix cooling problems, broken ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart systems and numerous other problems. We know all about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright © 2019 | SITEMAP